2009-07-15

Possible Ad Revenue System

Websites cost money to build and maintain. Although I (the web designer) can afford to give the site a more than decent web hosting on my own dime, as the site becomes more popular, that won't be the case. Therefore, ads may need to be put in at some point.


I'm perfectly cool with not making any excess profit off the ads. As such, once an ad system becomes necessary and is more than capable of sustaining the site maintenance costs, I want to start offering notable reviewers the option of earning their share of the ad revenue.

Maybe the incentives should be based who are the top 10 most notable reviewers. Personally I think the incentive selection process should be more complicated than that. For example, maybe a combination of notability, activity, and how many ads were clicked on their pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment